Sunday, March 21, 2010

West Desert weekend

After a week of work I was ready for my first foray into my new back yard - Utah's portion of the Great Basin. I was struck by the vast silence of the place.  The occasional truck and a few herds of sheep were all that I saw.  This was a solo recon trip to get to know the lay of the land and identify places I want to come back to for a closer inspection.

Simpson Range

Keg Mountains

Keg Mountains

Drum Mountains

Drum Mountains

Drum Mountains

Swasey Mountain

Fish Springs Mountains


Fish Springs National Wildlife Refuge with Fish Springs Mountains in background

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey Scott, great photos...did you check out the "Wilson Health Resort"?

It's near Fish Springs, marked by an old school bus....as I recall, there are some bath tubs with hot water from the nearby springs.

Scott said...

Nah, but I will check it out on my next visit to the area. Several folks have told me about it.